How do I get a referral?

Suzanne Leyland -

To make a referral for an assessment for sensory integration and for intervention for sensory integration difficulties, you will need a referral to an Occupational Therapist, Physiotherapist or Speech and Language Therapist with postgraduate training in Sensory Integration.

Ask your GP or Doctor about how to get a referral for an assessment from a Sensory Integration trained Occupational Therapist, Physiotherapist or Speech and Language Therapist.

For referrals for school based assessment services ask your child's teacher or the School's Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator for informtaon about the referrals process in your area.

For assessment for children with learning disabilities and physical disabilites, your local social care worker can advise about the referral process.

If you receive child and adolescent or other mental health or learning disabilities services services and think you need an assessment please ask your key worker at your next appointment or review.

For those seeking a therapist in private practice, please follow the links below to search the relevant professional body's private practitioner databases:

SI Network's Find a Therapist site

Occupational Therapists; Physiotherapists and Speech and Language Therapists

Other websites

Occupational Therapists


Speech and Language Therapists

Have more questions? Submit a request


Article is closed for comments.
Powered by Zendesk