Do I need to provide evidence of competence in English language?

Suzanne Leyland -


If you wish to apply for an SI Modular course, you must also complete this form.

Applicants for the PGCert/Dip/MSc in Sensory Integration must provide evidence of competence in English language GCSE grade C or equivalent.

English Language requirements for PGCert/Dip/MSc

The minimum requirement for this programme is Academic IELTS 7.0 with no band score less than 6.5.

Ulster University recognises a number of other English language tests and comparable IELTS equivalent scores.

Please see the following link for information about the English language tests we accept other than a UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) approved IELTS here

You will need to be able to evidence your English language ability by presenting with one of the tests listed.

You don’t need to prove your knowledge of English if you’ve completed a qualification equivalent to a UK degree in:

  • Antigua and Barbuda
  • Australia
  • The Bahamas
  • Barbados
  • Belize
  • Dominica
  • Grenada
  • Guyana
  • Ireland
  • Jamaica
  • New Zealand
  • St Kitts and Nevis
  • St Lucia
  • St Vincent and the Grenadines
  • Trinidad and Tobago
  • UK
  • USA

You also don’t need to prove your knowledge of English if one of the following applies:

  • You’re a national of Canada or any of the countries in the list above;
  • You have studied in the UK before as a Tier 4 (Child) student;
  • You’re applying to come to the UK for a study abroad programme as part of a university degree course in the USA.

Where can I take an English Language Test?
If you cannot provide the evidence required, you may wish to arrange an English Language test. One provider is

Have more questions? Submit a request


Article is closed for comments.
Powered by Zendesk